The Luxury Hiram Bingham Train (Full Day)
From $ per person
The Hiram Bingham train is the epitome of luxury travel in Peru. Named after the American explorer who rediscovered Machu Picchu, this exquisite train offers a lavish journey from Cusco to the ancient Inca citadel. Passengers are treated to sumptuous interiors, gourmet dining, and live music, all set against the stunning backdrop of the Andes. With its elegant 1920s-style Pullman carriages, this train provides an opulent way to reach Machu Picchu. The Hiram Bingham train is more than a mode of transportation; it’s a unique and exclusive experience that adds a touch of grandeur to the awe-inspiring adventure of visiting Machu Picchu.
The train leaves Cusco in the morning, starting a spectacular journey through varying landscapes while passengers enjoy a delicious brunch. After climbing a steep slope on the outskirts of Cusco, you will descend into the Sacred Valley, passing lush fields and colorful villages located at the foot of the Andes. The train has two passenger cars, a bar car and a kitchen car, all exquisitely designed. It is a luxurious experience, with extra-wide tables almost 3 meters long and comfortable seating (30cm wider than the standard), making these cars amongst the most spacious and comfortable in the world.
NOTE: During rainy season (January-March) all trains leave from Ollantaytambo train station (about 2 hours from Cusco). During this time, we will provide transport from Cusco to Ollantaytambo. This is also an option during high season (May-August) where availability of trains from Cusco may be limited.
Level: easy. People of all ages are welcome.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private transport to Poroy train station
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Train ticket for Hiram Bingham Trainfrom Poroy to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the site
- Round trip shuttle bus ticket: Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you should bring
- Original Passport and migration card
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking)
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Rain gear: a good raincoat, rain pants and a plastic rain poncho
- T-shirts & comfortable pants
- Warm jacket
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical kit and medication
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)
- Student Discount: USD $30.00 (requires green ISIC Card)
- Under 18’s Discount: USD $30.00
Optional extras NOT included (need to book in advance)
- Hiking Machu Picchu Mountain: USD $70.00
- Hiking Huayna Picchu Mountain: USD $70.00
We are focused on the environment.
You will enjoy evironmental activities that are part of the COCA LIFE ADVENTURE
Why Choose Coca Life Adventure?
All of our English speaking local guides are passionate about their country and will accompany you from the moment you arrive in your destination, throughout your escorted tour and right until your departing flight home.
Your dedicated and personal trip coordinator is available around-the-clock throughout your trip to accommodate requests, take care of the details, and handle any unforeseen situations.
Discover our enchanting world your way. Our experts completely customize your private tour to match your interests and preferences through their comprehensive knowledge of each destination.
All our accommodations and services are personally tested by our team. Tell us your travel dream and we will create an itinerary packed with the best experiences your destination has to offer.
Plan Your Perfect Trip With Us
Hello! I’m Brissy Luz, thanks for visiting our website. Ever since i was a little girl i was interested spreading the Inca culture and history. I studied tourist administration and worked in different fields of tourism due to which i know very well the needs of our tourists. I decided to create COCA LIFE ADVENTURE with the aim of offering unforgetable experiences to those who visit us.