South Valley Tour (Half Day)
From $35 per person
This tour in Peru offers a captivating blend of natural beauty and historical wonders. Explore Inkan architecture in Tipon, showcasing impressive terraces and irrigation systems. Delve into the pre-Inka Wari culture at Pikillacta, featuring ancient adobe and stone structures. Discover the “Sistine Chapel of the Andes,” a beautiful chapel adorned with remarkable frescoes, mirroring the renowned Sistine Chapel. This tour promises a rich cultural experience, spanning from Inca marvels to pre-Inca history and colonial influences, all within the backdrop of Peru’s stunning landscapes.
Located 24km southeast of Cusco, Tipon is said to be a royal garden commissioned by Wiracocha, the first Inkan God. It is one of the most elaborate examples of agricultural terraces created by the Inkas. These tall terraces which run up the narrow valley, are irrigated by an aqueduct from Pachatusan, the mountain above the site. In addition to the terraces, there are other interesting features and structures such as fountains, temples, canals and aqueducts.
Tipon is not visited as much as other sites in the Cusco and the Sacred Valley area, but it is equally as impressive.
Pikillacta is an adobe complex built around 700 to 900 AD by the Huari, and is the only pre-Inka site in the Cusco area. There is also a small Inka site just a short walk from Pikillacta known as Rumicolca, which was a travel checkpoint for the Inkas.
This is where the Sistine Chapel of America stands. It is a church that is home to golden altars, several paintings and multi-colored ceilings. The chapel is simple and unassuming on the outside but on the inside, you’ll find masterpiece after masterpiece.
On the return journey, we could stop in Saylla where you will be able to try some typical food from the area e.g. delicious pork known as chicharron (optional).
We will be back in Cusco around 03:00 p.m.
Level: easy. People of all ages are welcome.
- Daily Departures and hotel pick-up
- For private tours, start times can vary as per the needs of the clients
- Advance bookings are highly recommended
- Duration: 6-7 hours
Places we’ll visit
- Tipon archeological site
- Pikillacta archeological site
- Andahuaylillas the Sistine Chapel of America
- Entrance tickets/pass to the archeological sites.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list
What you should bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Extra money for lunch, shopping, tips etc
USD$ 35.00 per person
Private Service Price:
- 2 people USD$ 100.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 90.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 80.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 70.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 60.00 per person
We are focused on the environment.
You will enjoy evironmental activities that are part of the COCA LIFE ADVENTURE
Why Choose Coca Life Adventure?
All of our English speaking local guides are passionate about their country and will accompany you from the moment you arrive in your destination, throughout your escorted tour and right until your departing flight home.
Your dedicated and personal trip coordinator is available around-the-clock throughout your trip to accommodate requests, take care of the details, and handle any unforeseen situations.
Discover our enchanting world your way. Our experts completely customize your private tour to match your interests and preferences through their comprehensive knowledge of each destination.
All our accommodations and services are personally tested by our team. Tell us your travel dream and we will create an itinerary packed with the best experiences your destination has to offer.
Plan Your Perfect Trip With Us
Hello! I’m Brissy Luz, thanks for visiting our website. Ever since i was a little girl i was interested spreading the Inca culture and history. I studied tourist administration and worked in different fields of tourism due to which i know very well the needs of our tourists. I decided to create COCA LIFE ADVENTURE with the aim of offering unforgetable experiences to those who visit us.