Ananiso Canyon A Day Tour
From $150 per person
Ananiso Canyon is undeniably one of the most stunning canyons in the Cusco region. This breathtaking landscape, forged by natural forces over millions of years, is a testament to the power of nature’s artistry.
Situated 124 kilometers to the south of Cusco, at an elevation of 4,200 meters above sea level, this canyon stretches over a length of 3 kilometers and plunges to a depth of 150 meters. Within this remarkable natural chasm, you’ll be treated to a mesmerizing display of flora and fauna. Ananiso Canyon is a paradise for nature enthusiasts, offering a unique opportunity to witness the wonders of the local ecosystem.
Our adventure starts before sunrise picking you up from your hotel in Cusco around 4.30am . Then exiting south bound out of Cusco following the mountain ranges for 3 hours viewing the colourful heritage villages Urcus, Quiquijana and Cusipata the drop down valleys, running rivers pounding through the beaten rock faces and lakes spreading for miles.
We will arrive to the town of Pitumarca (3600m) to stretch our legs and have breaky then drive for another 1 and a half hours following in the footsteps of the Ausangate valley. The route encourages us to explore rural villages and the sights of living breathing cultures,stunning inca sites and the grand imposing majestic snow capped peak Ausangate standing 6375m.
Our arrival at the first viewpoint of the canyon shows us the true strength at the earths core. Deep enlongating cracks form this crust of beauty sharing in its vulnerability as the ground opens up the path for us to continue beyond to the Ananiso community (4400m)
At this point, we have the opportunity to physically be in the presence of this impressive Ananiso Canyon. We follow a narrow road for 1 and a half hours reaching the masquaraded wáter fall and on our return visit the ancient indigenous cave paintings from thousands of years ago. The llamas, alpacas, vizcachas and Eagles will watch us walk upon their sacred sites
Lunch will be served at Ananiso community and back to Cusco around 6:00 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance fee to the park
- Breakfast and 1 Buffet lunch.
- First Aid Kit including a small oxygen tank
- Trekking poles – you can rent these from our agency
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you should bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Long -sleeved shirt
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen – factor 35+ recommended, hat and sunglasses
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down at a faster rate at high altitudes
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year. Availability: Make your reservation (reserve at least one day in advance). Take advantage of our group prices and let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 150.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 135.00 per person
- people USD$ 120.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 105.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 90.00 per person
Important: We do this tour only as a private service.
We are focused on the environment.
You will enjoy evironmental activities that are part of the COCA LIFE ADVENTURE
Why Choose Coca Life Adventure?
All of our English speaking local guides are passionate about their country and will accompany you from the moment you arrive in your destination, throughout your escorted tour and right until your departing flight home.
Your dedicated and personal trip coordinator is available around-the-clock throughout your trip to accommodate requests, take care of the details, and handle any unforeseen situations.
Discover our enchanting world your way. Our experts completely customize your private tour to match your interests and preferences through their comprehensive knowledge of each destination.
All our accommodations and services are personally tested by our team. Tell us your travel dream and we will create an itinerary packed with the best experiences your destination has to offer.
Plan Your Perfect Trip With Us
Hello! I’m Brissy Luz, thanks for visiting our website. Ever since i was a little girl i was interested spreading the Inca culture and history. I studied tourist administration and worked in different fields of tourism due to which i know very well the needs of our tourists. I decided to create COCA LIFE ADVENTURE with the aim of offering unforgetable experiences to those who visit us.