RAINBOW MOUNTAINS PALCCOYO FULL DAY
From $40 per person
A full-day excursion to the Rainbow Mountains of Palccoyo in Peru promises a colorful and memorable adventure. Visitors embark on a journey to the high Andes, where they’ll witness the breathtaking beauty of the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain. This natural wonder boasts vibrant layers of sedimentary rock in hues of red, yellow, green, and other shades. The trek through the high-altitude terrain offers panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes. Guided tours typically include transportation, permits, and an opportunity to learn about the geological history and cultural significance of the site. A visit to Palccoyo is an opportunity to connect with Peru’s stunning natural diversity and heritage in a single day.
Our bright and early pick-up begins at your hotel (any hotel) in Cusco approximately 5:00am.The bus takes the south route of Cusco for 3 hours passing through many colorful colonial towns before reaching Pitumarca district where it’s time to have breakfast and get your energy for the hike ahead. Back in our bus we travel for 1 hour and haft more hours along the Salcca Valley. Little by little passing through these hidden landscapes of traditional living within the Rainbow Mountain region., red valleys, amazing rock formations, terraces in the mountains herds of alpacas and llamas compliment our sacred journey. From the head of the trail (4850m/15912ft), we ascend for 45 minutes to 1 hour (1km) to our view point (5, 000m / 16,404ft.). Here are the most unique views of AUSANGATE (highest snow capped mountain of Cusco 6375m/20915ft) and the three Rainbow mountain laying across one another parading their unique color formations exposing their internal history for us to see. How fortunate we are to be out of the crowds in our own space to obsorb this treasured and personal experience. Take time to explore the area and relax. After the amazing painted landscapes we descend back to our bus returning to the resturant in Pitumarca District for lunch and heading back to Cusco to be dropped off in Regocijos Square.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance fee to the park
- Breakfast and 1 Buffet lunch.
- First Aid Kit including a small oxygen tank
- Horseback service (available upon request)
- Trekking poles – you can rent these from our agency
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you should bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Long -sleeved shirt
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen – factor 35+ recommended, hat and sunglasses
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down at a faster rate at high altitudes
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)
- USD$ 40.00 per person
Private Service Price:
- 2 people USD$ 150.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 135.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 120.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 100.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 80.00 per person
We are focused on the environment.
You will enjoy evironmental activities that are part of the COCA LIFE ADVENTURE
Why Choose Coca Life Adventure?
All of our English speaking local guides are passionate about their country and will accompany you from the moment you arrive in your destination, throughout your escorted tour and right until your departing flight home.
Your dedicated and personal trip coordinator is available around-the-clock throughout your trip to accommodate requests, take care of the details, and handle any unforeseen situations.
Discover our enchanting world your way. Our experts completely customize your private tour to match your interests and preferences through their comprehensive knowledge of each destination.
All our accommodations and services are personally tested by our team. Tell us your travel dream and we will create an itinerary packed with the best experiences your destination has to offer.
Plan Your Perfect Trip With Us
Hello! I’m Brissy Luz, thanks for visiting our website. Ever since i was a little girl i was interested spreading the Inca culture and history. I studied tourist administration and worked in different fields of tourism due to which i know very well the needs of our tourists. I decided to create COCA LIFE ADVENTURE with the aim of offering unforgetable experiences to those who visit us.