Cachicata Trek to Macchu Picchu – 4D/3N
From $550 per person
The Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu is an exhilarating and off-the-beaten-path adventure that offers a unique perspective on the ancient Inca civilization. This trek, which typically lasts for 4 days and 3 nights, takes you through the captivating Cachicata quarries and Inca ruins, showcasing the impressive stone-cutting techniques used to construct Machu Picchu. As you hike, you’ll be treated to breathtaking Andean landscapes, dense forests, and the chance to interact with local communities. The journey culminates with a visit to the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu, where you’ll appreciate the deep historical and cultural significance of this iconic site. The Cachicata Trek provides a rich blend of history and natural beauty, making it a rewarding choice for adventurous travelers.
Day 1: Cusco – Huarocondo – Socma – Perolniyoc
We will pick you up from your hotel and then take a private bus to the community of Huarocondo where we visit a beautiful colonial church. Afterwards, we will be taken up to the community of Socma, to start our trek up to the archaeological site of Perolniyoc which is located above a beautiful waterfall. After visiting the site, we will continue climbing to the community of Perolniyoc where we will camp for the night.
Day 2: Perolniyoc – Inka Canal
We will begin today’s hike by climbing up to the first pass (4,500m / 14,764ft.) and then descending to Mama Cona lagoon. Later on, we will walk through another beautiful mountain pass where there is an ancient Inkan canal that still carries water to the Cachicata quarry. The canal is 17km/10.5miles long and is considered to be one of the most important engineering achievements in the region. We will also be able to admire the Urubamba and Vilcabamba mountain ranges during the hike.
Day 3: Inka Canyon – Cachicata – Aguas Calientes
We will follow a little creek to reach our first stop today, an Inkan Canyon. Afterwards, we will hike to Inti Watana archaeological complex, enjoying spectacular views of the Sacred Valley and the Urubamba River along the way.
Later on, we will make our way to the Inka quarry of Cachicata, where we will be able to see how the Inkas cut, carved and transported the huge stones that were used to build the Ollantaytambo archaeological complex. Descending into the Sacred Valley, we will pass by an Inkan cemetery and the town where the Inkan quarry workers used to live. After lunch in the community of Cachicata, we will take a car down to Ollantaytambo and then a train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
We will take a shuttle bus up to Machu Picchu early in the morning, have a guided tour of the citadel, and then return by bus to Aguas Calientes to board our train back to Cusco.
- Return transport by train and bus to Cusco, hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Transport by bus to Socma
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Meals during the excursion. We can accommodate special dietary requests e.g. vegetarian meals and allergies.Cook and cooking equipment
- High quality camping equipment for 2 people. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes on Day 3
- Coca tea is served every morning in your tent
- Snacks each morning
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- Hot drinks such as coca tea, black tea and coffee in the afternoon
- Sleeping mattress (you will need to carry this unless you hire a personal porter)
- Horseman and mules, for all camping equipment and customer’s luggage (Up to 7kg)
- Emergency horse for riding in case of illness or injury
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 2 hour professionally guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Return shuttle bus ticket: Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping Bag
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 4
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you should bring
What you should bring:
- Original Passport and migration card
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking)
- Backpack and daypack with raincover
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from us)
- Clothing for warm and cold climates e.g. lightweight pants, thermal layers
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Rain gear: a good raincoat, rain pants and a plastic rain poncho
- Coat, layers for varying temperatures, especially at night
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat for cold nights
- Woolen socks
- Bathing suit
- Small towel
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical kit and medication
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Small towel
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)
Private Service Prices
- 2 people USD$ 650.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 625.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 600.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 575.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 550.00 per person
- Student Discount: USD $20.00 (requires green ISIC Card)
- Under 18’s Discount: USD $20.00
Optional extras NOT included (need to book in advance):
- Sleeping Bag: USD $15.00
- Pair of trekking poles: USD $10.00
- Inflatable Mattress: USD $15.00
- One-person tent USD $20.00
- Climbing Machu Picchu Mountain: USD $70.00
- Climbing Huayna Picchu Mountain: USD $70.00
- Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes – Cusco: USD $50.00 per person
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
We are focused on the environment.
You will enjoy evironmental activities that are part of the COCA LIFE ADVENTURE
Why Choose Coca Life Adventure?
All of our English speaking local guides are passionate about their country and will accompany you from the moment you arrive in your destination, throughout your escorted tour and right until your departing flight home.
Your dedicated and personal trip coordinator is available around-the-clock throughout your trip to accommodate requests, take care of the details, and handle any unforeseen situations.
Discover our enchanting world your way. Our experts completely customize your private tour to match your interests and preferences through their comprehensive knowledge of each destination.
All our accommodations and services are personally tested by our team. Tell us your travel dream and we will create an itinerary packed with the best experiences your destination has to offer.
Plan Your Perfect Trip With Us
Hello! I’m Brissy Luz, thanks for visiting our website. Ever since i was a little girl i was interested spreading the Inca culture and history. I studied tourist administration and worked in different fields of tourism due to which i know very well the needs of our tourists. I decided to create COCA LIFE ADVENTURE with the aim of offering unforgetable experiences to those who visit us.