Condor Canyon A Day Tour
From $120 per person
Witness the intensely private realm of the Andean Condor from above, sharing in the transcendence of its final flight. This is one of the natural wonders you won’t encounter anywhere else in the world. For bird enthusiasts who revel in the instincts of these truly exquisite creatures, you’ll feel the very air they breathe as you walk and behold the magnificent vistas from the Chonta Canyon, which embraces the endless mountains of the Andes.
With an early morning pickup at 6:00 am we will board the bus for our five hour journey heading northwest to the Anta valley. On route our first stop is to visit the outstanding Inca Sites of Killarumiyoc and Tarawasi ( the Moon temple and the ritual place for offerings). Continuing forth to the quaint town of Limatambo. As the mountain ranges grow closer the bus will continue upwards on dirt road to the Puna highlands with limitless views to the scenic mountain valley of Chonta (3,350m / 10,900ft) so close to the Apurimac Canyon.
Our arrival to Chonta will start us hiking upwards on this great nature hike with stunning views. This is the time to take a deep breath seeing the condors in flight from the lookout point. Embracing the natural inhabitants of Peru´s species of birdlife, flora and fauna of this majestic scenery the deep canyon offers.
As our time of 1-2 hours takes hold after many pictures of the soaring condors are taken, its back downhill from the lookout point to share in the chefs delicious lunch.
After a fullday of excitment, sharing time with the angelic condors and carrying a full belly from a scrumptous lunch we descend back to Chonta where our driver will be waiting for us. The end of our day comes back to Cusco around 8:00pm.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance fee to the park
- Breakfast and 1 Buffet lunch.
- First Aid Kit including a small oxygen tank
- Trekking poles – you can rent these from our agency
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you should bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Long -sleeved shirt
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen – factor 35+ recommended, hat and sunglasses
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down at a faster rate at high altitudes
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 120.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 105.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 90.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 75.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 60.00 per person
Important: We do this tour only as a private service.
We are focused on the environment.
You will enjoy evironmental activities that are part of the COCA LIFE ADVENTURE
Why Choose Coca Life Adventure?
All of our English speaking local guides are passionate about their country and will accompany you from the moment you arrive in your destination, throughout your escorted tour and right until your departing flight home.
Your dedicated and personal trip coordinator is available around-the-clock throughout your trip to accommodate requests, take care of the details, and handle any unforeseen situations.
Discover our enchanting world your way. Our experts completely customize your private tour to match your interests and preferences through their comprehensive knowledge of each destination.
All our accommodations and services are personally tested by our team. Tell us your travel dream and we will create an itinerary packed with the best experiences your destination has to offer.
Plan Your Perfect Trip With Us
Hello! I’m Brissy Luz, thanks for visiting our website. Ever since i was a little girl i was interested spreading the Inca culture and history. I studied tourist administration and worked in different fields of tourism due to which i know very well the needs of our tourists. I decided to create COCA LIFE ADVENTURE with the aim of offering unforgetable experiences to those who visit us.