Machu Picchu 1-day Tour (Full Day)
From $380 per person
A Machu Picchu 1-day tour is a quick yet exhilarating way to experience the iconic Inca citadel. Typically starting in the early morning, the tour involves a train ride from Cusco to Aguas Calientes, followed by a bus journey up the winding road to Machu Picchu. Upon arrival, you’ll explore the ancient ruins with a guide, learning about their history and significance. You’ll have the opportunity to visit key landmarks such as the Sun Gate and Temple of the Sun, and capture stunning photographs of the breathtaking scenery. While it’s a condensed visit, a 1-day tour of Machu Picchu promises a memorable and awe-inspiring experience.
The Expedition Train Services
We will pick up from your hotel and drive out to the train station in Poroy, Cusco and take the train to Aguas Calientes. Throughout the journey, there will be stunning scenery, picturesque villages and interesting vegetation to behold. Arriving in Aguas Calientes, your guide will meet you to head straight up to Machu Picchu through the beautiful high Andes, to begin your guided tour of the Lost City of the Inkas, which is undoubtedly one of the most amazing urban creations of the Inkan heyday.
We will receive a guided tour of Machu Picchu, lasting around 2 hours with a bit of free time to explore afterwards. Later, we’ll return to Aguas Calientes (2040) via shuttle bus and take the Expedition train and bus back to Cusco after lunch.
Level: easy. People of all ages are welcome.
- Machu Picchu Altitude: 2400m / 7873ft.
- Train to Machu Picchu: Peru Rail, Expedition Train
- Distance from Cusco to Machu Picchu: 112km / 69.6 miles
- Weather/climate: dry from May to October, wet from November to April
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private transport to Ollantaytambo train station
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Return train ticket with Peru RailExpedition Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the site
- Round trip shuttle bus ticket: Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you should bring
- Original Passport and migration card
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking)
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Rain gear: a good raincoat, rain pants and a plastic rain poncho
- T-shirts & comfortable pants
- Warm jacket
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical kit and medication
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 380.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 350.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 320.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 290.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 260.00 per person
- Student Discount: USD $30.00 (requires ISIC Card)
- Under 18’s Discount: USD $30.00
Optional extras NOT included (need to book in advance)
- Hiking Machu Picchu Mountain: USD $70.00
- Hiking Huayna Picchu Mountain: USD $70.00
- Vistadome Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco: US $50.00
We are focused on the environment.
You will enjoy evironmental activities that are part of the COCA LIFE ADVENTURE
Why Choose Coca Life Adventure?
All of our English speaking local guides are passionate about their country and will accompany you from the moment you arrive in your destination, throughout your escorted tour and right until your departing flight home.
Your dedicated and personal trip coordinator is available around-the-clock throughout your trip to accommodate requests, take care of the details, and handle any unforeseen situations.
Discover our enchanting world your way. Our experts completely customize your private tour to match your interests and preferences through their comprehensive knowledge of each destination.
All our accommodations and services are personally tested by our team. Tell us your travel dream and we will create an itinerary packed with the best experiences your destination has to offer.
Plan Your Perfect Trip With Us
Hello! I’m Brissy Luz, thanks for visiting our website. Ever since i was a little girl i was interested spreading the Inca culture and history. I studied tourist administration and worked in different fields of tourism due to which i know very well the needs of our tourists. I decided to create COCA LIFE ADVENTURE with the aim of offering unforgetable experiences to those who visit us.