Moray and Salt Mines of Maras Half Day Tour
This walking tour begins in Moray Amphitheatre. Hundreds of years ago, the Inkas built this agricultural laboratory in order to develop and experiment with different strains of crops.
Private Service Price
- USD$ 190.00 (not per person) for a group between 2-7 people
- USD$ 255.00 (not per person) for a group between 8-14 people
- USD$ 315.00 (not per person) for a group between 15-25 people
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year.
Availability: Make your reservation (reserve at least one day in advance). Take advantage of our group prices and let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture.
Details & Itinerary
We believe this area was chosen because there are many different ecological climates found within this one site.
From Moray, we’ll continue on to the village of Maras which has a few colonial structures and from there, we’ll visit las salineras, which are ancient pre-Inkan salt pools that are still taken care of and used by local families.
Level: Easy. People of all ages are welcome.
pay deposit now
Hotel pick up at 09:15 a.m. to visit the following locations:
- Daily Departures and hotel pick-up
- For private tours, start times can vary as per the needs of the clients
- Advance bookings are highly recommended
- Duration: 6-7 hours
Places we’ll visit
- Moray Platforms
- Maras Village
- Salt Mines
Moray is a unique archaeological site in this region, consisting of depressions, which are gigantic natural holes in the land, where agricultural terraces were built with their respective irrigation channels, to experiment with different varieties of quinoa, corn, potatoes, coca and much more.
Located to the west of Cusco (3300m/missing ft), Maras was inhabited by the Inkas before the Spanish arrived and took over the town. Today, you will see different colonial buildings in the town and a church that has some of the same paintings as the Cusco School of Art.
Las Salineras or salt mines are located to the northwest of Maras and the site holds around 3000 small wells with an average area of 5m².
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance to Moray Platforms
- Entrance to Maras salt mines – 15 soles (you will buy these tickets with your guide on the day).
- Lunch and snacks
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Extra money for lunch, shopping, tips etc