The Luxury Hiram Bingham Train (Full Day)
The train leaves Cusco in the morning, starting a spectacular journey through varying landscapes while passengers enjoy a delicious brunch.
Prices vary depending on the time of year, so please send us an email requesting prices for the month you would like to take the train.
- Student Discount: USD $20.00 (requires ISIC Card)
- Under 18’s Discount: USD $20.00
Optional extras NOT included (need to book in advance):
- Hiking Machu Picchu Mountain:
- US $50.00 – the prices are different in different tours. One said $25.
- Hiking Huayna Picchu Mountain: US $50.00
Every Day Of The Year
Departure dates: We have potential group trips for the Inka Trail every day of the year, except in February when the trail is closed for maintenance.
Note: You are able to visit Machu Picchu by train in February.
Availability: Only 500 people are allowed on the Inka Trail per day and this includes tourists, guides, porters and chefs. Therefore, to avoid disappointment, you should make your reservation months in advance. Also, please note, all agencies have the same number of spaces, so if one agency is not able to accommodate your dates, none of them will be able to.
Details & Itinerary
After climbing a steep slope on the outskirts of Cusco, you will descend into the Sacred Valley, passing lush fields and colorful villages located at the foot of the Andes. The train has two passenger cars, a bar car and a kitchen car, all exquisitely designed. It is a luxurious experience, with extra-wide tables almost 3 meters long and comfortable seating (30cm wider than the standard), making these cars amongst the most spacious and comfortable in the world.
NOTE: During rainy season (January-March) all trains leave from Ollantaytambo train station (about 2 hours from Cusco). During this time, we will provide transport from Cusco to Ollantaytambo. This is also an option during high season (May-August) where availability of trains from Cusco may be limited.
Level: easy. People of all ages are welcome.
pay deposit now
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private transport to Poroy train station
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Train ticket for Hiram Bingham Train from Poroy to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the site
- Round trip shuttle bus ticket: Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Original Passport and migration card
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking)
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Rain gear: a good raincoat, rain pants and a plastic rain poncho
- T-shirts & comfortable pants
- Warm jacket
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical kit and medication
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)