Machu Picchu 1-Day Tour (Full Day)
Before beginning your trip to Machu Picchu, it is important to understand a little bit about the geography of the area.
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 399.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 375.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 355.00 per person
- 5 +people USD$ 325.00 per person
- Student Discount: USD $20.00 (requires ISIC Card)
- Under 18’s Discount: USD $20.00
Optional extras NOT included (need to book in advance):
- Hiking Machu Picchu Mountain: US $50.00 – the prices are different in different tours. One said $20.
- Hiking Huayna Picchu Mountain: US $25.00
- Vistadome Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco: US $50.00
Every Day Of The Year
Departure dates: We have potential group trips for the Inka Trail every day of the year, except in February when the trail is closed for maintenance.
Note: You are able to visit Machu Picchu by train in February.
Availability: Only 500 people are allowed on the Inka Trail per day and this includes tourists, guides, porters and chefs. Therefore, to avoid disappointment, you should make your reservation months in advance. Also, please note, all agencies have the same number of spaces, so if one agency is not able to accommodate your dates, none of them will be able to.
Details & Itinerary
Machu Picchu lay hidden from the world for such a long time because it is located high up on a mountainside, making it fairly remote and inaccessible.
The nearest town is Aguas Calientes, a couple of kilometers down the valley, beside the Vilcanota River.
- Machu Picchu Altitude: 2400m / 7873ft.
- Train to Machu Picchu: Peru Rail, Expedition Train
- Distance from Cusco to Machu Picchu: 112km / 69.6 miles
- Weather/climate: dry from May to October, wet from November to April
Itinerary- The Expedition Train Services:
We will pick up from your hotel and drive out to the train station in Poroy, Cusco and take the train to Aguas Calientes. Throughout the journey, there will be stunning scenery, picturesque villages and interesting vegetation to behold. Arriving in Aguas Calientes, your guide will meet you to head straight up to Machu Picchu through the beautiful high Andes, to begin your guided tour of the Lost City of the Inkas, which is undoubtedly one of the most amazing urban creations of the Inkan heyday.
We will receive a guided tour of Machu Picchu, lasting around 2 hours with a bit of free time to explore afterwards. Later, we’ll return to Aguas Calientes (2040/missing ft) via shuttle bus and take the Expedition train and bus back to Cusco after lunch.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private transport to Ollantaytambo train station
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Return train ticket with Peru Rail Expedition Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the site
- Round trip shuttle bus ticket: Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Original Passport and migration card
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking)
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Rain gear: a good raincoat, rain pants and a plastic rain poncho
- T-shirts & comfortable pants
- Warm jacket
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical kit and medication
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)