CLASSIC CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 5D/4N
Built on top of a mountain ridge in the Andes, a visit to the lost city of Choquequirao (3050m / ft needed), meaning Cradle of Gold in Quechua, needs to be part of your Peruvian adventure.
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 655.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 605.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 575.00 per person
- 5+ people USD$ 499.00 per person
Optional extras NOT included (need to book in advance):
- Sleeping Bag USD $25.00
- Pair of trekking poles USD $15.00
- Inflatable Mattress USD $25.00
- One-person tent USD $35.00
- Student Discount: USD $25.00 (requires ISIC Card)
- Under 18’s Discount: USD $25.00
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year.
Availability: One-day TOUR quotas run out quickly due to the high demand of tourists. Make your reservation in advance. Take advantage of our group prices and be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture.
Details & Itinerary
It is comparable only to Machu Picchu, meaning Old Mountain, in its beauty, architectural grandeur and engineering accomplishment. Inka stone walls protect the two ancient palaces and temples, and you can see the fountain systems, canals and aqueducts that feed the farming terraces from many miles away. This is a truly spectacular but demanding hike. Do not fear! We will be supported by a fantastic team of guides, porters and cooks as we walk through the pages of history to this ancient, Inka citadel.
pay deposit now
Day 1: Cusco-Cachora
We depart Cusco early in the morning and take private transport to the town of Cachora. Along the way, we’ll visit the archaeological sites of Sawite and Tarawasi and we’ll stay overnight at San Pedro de Cachora, surrounded by great views of Mount Padrilloq, a 6,000m / ft needed peak.
Day 2: Cachora-Playon Santa Rosa
Today we will enjoy the impressive landscape of the Apurimac Canyon. We’ll follow the trail downhill to the Apurimac River, cross a bridge and begin to ascend the trail on the opposite side. Our campsite, Santa Rosa, is located just above the river.
Day 3: Santa Rosa-Choquequirao
We’ll ascend to the beautiful complex of Choquequirao (3,085m/ft needed) in the morning and camp next to the site today. Located 1500m / ft needed above the Apurimac river, we will have spectacular views of the area that surrounds this fantastic Inkan site.
Day 4: Choquequirao – Playon Santa Rosa
Today we’ll tour this marvelous archaeological compound, with its spectacular terraces, plazas, and ceremonial squares. After lunch, we’ll head back down to Santa Rosa to camp for the night.
Day 5: Santa Rosa – Cachora – Cusco
We’ll hike back to Cachora today, where our vehicle will be waiting to take us back to Cusco.
- Return private transport from your hotel in Cusco to the town of Cachora
- Entrance fee to Choquequirao
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- High quality camping equipment
- Mattresses, dining tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent
- Meals during the excursion (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, vegetarian options are available)
- Drinking water provided throughout the trek
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horsemen and mules, for all camping equipment and client’s luggage (up to 10kg)
- Coca tea is served every morning in your tent
- Boiled water after breakfast, to refill your water bottles (1 liter per person)
- Snacks each morning
- Hot drinks such as coca tea, black tea and coffee in the afternoon
- Emergency horse
- First Aid Kit and oxygen bottle
- Breakfast on Day 1 and dinner on Day 5
- Sleeping Bag
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Backpack and daypack with rain cover
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from us)
- Clothing for warm and cold climates e.g. lightweight pants, thermal layers
- Rain gear: jacket, poncho, pants
- Trekking shoes/boots
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs)
- Woolen or synthetic socks and a sweater
- Long and short-sleeved polos/T-Shirts
- Woolen hat
- Bathing suit for the hot springs
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses, insect repellent
- Personal medical kit and medication
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Small towel
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Some snacks such as chocolate bars and dried fruit
- Camera and extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)