RAINBOW MOUNTAINS PALCCOYO
We specialize in the Incredible Rainbow Mountains Of Peru. The painted Ausangate mountain is also considered to be holy and believed to be the deity of Cusco by local Peruvians.
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 135.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 125.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 105.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 95.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 75.00 per person
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year.
Availability: Make your reservation (reserve at least one day in advance). Take advantage of our group prices and let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture.
Details & Itinerary
It is a site of daily worship and offerings by the locals. We offer a stunning alternative hike to the popular “Rainbow Mountain”. Three Rainbows or Palccoyo offers a more leisurely option and is best for those who don’t want to hike 6 hours round trip, providing 360 views of 3 distinct rainbow mountains and the Ausangate glacier in the distance in only a short 15/ 45 minute walk. Enjoy the original and unique walk of wonder with us not sharing this beautiful space with other groups through the area most recently known as painted Mountains or new rainbow mountain. The true image of the high Andes, where we will enjoy the beautiful and unique Andean landscape.
pay deposit now
Our bright and early pick-up begins at your hotel (any hotel) in Cusco approximately 5:00/5.20am AM .
The bus takes the south route of Cusco for 3 hours passing through many colorful colonial towns before reaching Pitumarca district where it’s time to have breakfast and get your energy for the hike ahead.
Back in our bus we travel for 1 hour and haft more hours along the Salcca Valley. Little by little passing through these hidden landscapes of traditional living within the Rainbow Mountain region., red valleys, amazing rock formations, terraces in the mountains herds of alpacas and llamas compliment our sacred journey.
From the head of the trail (4850m/15912ft), we ascend for 45 minutes to 1 hour (1km) to our view point (5, 000m / 16,404ft.). Here are the most unique views of AUSANGATE (highest snow capped mountain of Cusco 6375m/20915ft) and the three Rainbow mountain laying across one another parading their unique color formations exposing their internal history for us to see. How fortunate we are to be out of the crowds in our own space to obsorb this treasured and personal experience. Take time to explore the area and relax.
After the amazing painted landscapes we descend back to our bus returning to the resturant in Pitumarca District for lunch and heading back to Cusco to be dropped off in Regocijos Square.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance fee to the park
- Breakfast and 1 Buffet lunch.
- First Aid Kit including a small oxygen tank
- Horseback service (available upon request)
- Trekking poles – you can rent these from our agency
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Long -sleeved shirt
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen – factor 35+ recommended, hat and sunglasses
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down at a faster rate at high altitudes
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)