HUMANTAY LAKE A DAY TOUR
The ancestors of this sacred lake call you. Look very carefully at the photo above. Can you see the faces of the old ? Do they call your spirit? These are the guardians that reside at the grand Humantay lake where they have stood in their righteous home for millions of years. If time is of the essence this day trek is for you.
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 145.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 135.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 125.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 115.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 99.00 per person
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year.
Availability: Make your reservation (reserve at least one day in advance). Take advantage of our group prices and let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture.
Details & Itinerary
Leave Cusco behind and hike along the beautiful valleys and white mountains to one of the most important lakes in Incan mythology. Humantay Lake is one of the most stunning places in the region.For those of you who want to experience the wow factor engulfed into a one day hiking adventure then this lake with its turquoise-blue wáter, hidden in the midst of an incredible natural setting, has opened its doors expressing the welcome to you. Upon the Salkantay Valley route, Laguna de humantay is a real jewel of nature, the perfect location to go on hiking and discover hidden magical places. People are drawn to the beauty of nature for the manifestation of divine inspiration here.
pay deposit now
After we pick you up at your hotel at 4am, we will start our adventure to the Humantay Lake with a 3 hour-drive in private transport to Mollepata Village (3850 m.a.s.l.) Our breakfast will be served and the energy levels will be up ready to start our day well before beginning our trek. With one more exciting hour ahead we reach the head of the trail. Disembarking from the car your lungs will expand with the sheer thrill of your surroundings. The landscapes of Soraypampa will hold you firmly in their grip oozing a safety and warmth with a journey of cultural aspects of this region.
Weather dependant on the quality of fantastic views of these two extrordinary mountains, Humantay (5,900 meters asl /19,356 ft) and Salkantay (6,215 meters asl /20,390 ft elevation). Importantly your guide will give information about the daily schedule and will introduce your group name and take the first official group photo.
It is a 1.5-2 hour walk to the lake with a low to moderate difficulty and more than worth it when you see the magical alpine views along the Humantay valley. It is also possible to rent a horse instead. Then taking those final steps and reaching the highest point: humantay lake (4300 meters is like stepping into a painting by Leonardo Davinci himself. Unparalleled views of the lake with its turquoise-blue water and the stunning glacier are framed in front of your eyes. You will have plenty of time to look around take photos of the landscape and have some rest time. Your informative guide will share with you detailed nformation of this beautiful lake.
With your new photo album and personal memories to take away with you we descend back to our driver to drive us back safely to replace the energy used on the excitment of the morning, for a much needed lunch in Mollepata and homeward bound to Cusco arriving around 6.30pm.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance fee to the park
- Breakfast and 1 Buffet lunch.
- First Aid Kit including a small oxygen tank
- Horseback service (available upon request)
- Trekking poles – you can rent these from our agency
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Long -sleeved shirt
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen – factor 35+ recommended, hat and sunglasses
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down at a faster rate at high altitudes
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)