Hike to one of Peru’s most magical lakes and be surrounded by the impressive Ausangate and Vilcanota mountain range Peaks while gazing at unbelievable turquoise water.
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 135.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 115.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 95.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 75.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 65.00 per person
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year.
Availability: Make your reservation (reserve at least one day in advance). Take advantage of our group prices and let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture.
Details & Itinerary
Duration: Full Day 4am- 6pm
Distance: 8.4 km (5 mi) Round Trip
Elevation: 4,200m (13,779 feet) / 4,500m (14,773 feet)
Difficulty: Easy/ moderate
pay deposit now
We pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 4am and drive 3 hour and half to the village of Ausangate pampa, located in the lush valley of the Ausangate River. Here we will enjoy breakfast before we start our trek up to the lake.
With beautiful views surrounding us, we ascend up the mountain 1.5 hours (1200 ft) for 2 miles taking numerous breaks to enjoy the scenery. After conquering the gradual ascend, we will gaze down on a turquoise lake , which is surrounded by steep peaks and an impressive glacier.
The hike is dominated by Ausangate sacred Peak, one of Peru’s most sacred mountains, towering 20,915 feet with a sheer and snowy face. The equally impressive sorrounding Peaks, rising 19,412 feet, is also within view. Shamans and other natives will often give blessing when reaching the crystal-clear waters of Ausangate Lake. Once we reach the lakeshore, we relax, enjoy a snack, go for a take some wáter to purify your body (if you wish!) or give thanks to Pachamama (Mother Earth). When you are ready to hike back down, we will descend to Ausangate pampa and have lunch while enjoying the breathtaking panoramic views of the snowy peaks. We drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance fee to the park
- Breakfast and 1 Buffet lunch.
- First Aid Kit including a small oxygen tank
- Horseback service (available upon request)
- Trekking poles – you can rent these from our agency
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Long -sleeved shirt
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen – factor 35+ recommended, hat and sunglasses
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down at a faster rate at high altitudes
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)