ANANISO CANYON A DAY TOUR
Cusco is as complex as its most intricate and exquisite weavings not only in the culture but the pure ambience of the earth created under its feet.
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 170.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 155.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 145.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 125.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 110.00 per person
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year.
Availability: Make your reservation (reserve at least one day in advance). Take advantage of our group prices and let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture.
Details & Itinerary
Enjoy the most indigenous tour of cusco and meet mother nature at her best. It is one of the most spectacular canyons in Cusco, a landscape created over millions of years telling its own story. Waterfalls and native paintings expose their past. The ancient urban vanguard beams innovation and nature brims with splendid diversity. Visit remote communities and see how old ways live on. Immerse yourself, and you will leave Peru a little closer to the past.
pay deposit now
Our adventure starts before sunrise picking you up from your hotel in Cusco around 4.00am . Then exiting south bound out of Cusco following the mountain ranges for 3 hours viewing the colourful heritage villages Urcus, Quiquijana and Cusipata the drop down valleys, running rivers pounding through the beaten rock faces and lakes spreading for miles.
We will arrive to the town of Pitumarca (3600m) to stretch our legs and have breaky then drive for another 1 and a half hours following in the footsteps of the Ausangate valley. The route encourages us to explore rural villages and the sights of living breathing cultures,stunning inca sites and the grand imposing majestic snow capped peak Ausangate standing 6375m.
Our arrival at the first viewpoint of the canyon shows us the true strength at the earths core. Deep enlongating cracks form this crust of beauty sharing in its vulnerability as the ground opens up the path for us to continue beyond to the Ananiso community (4400m)
At this point, we have the opportunity to physically be in the presence of this impressive Ananiso Canyon. We follow a narrow road for 1 and a half hours reaching the masquaraded wáter fall and on our return visit the ancient indigenous cave paintings from thousands of years ago. The llamas, alpacas, vizcachas and Eagles will watch us walk upon their sacred sites
Lunch will be served at Ananiso community and back to Cusco around 6:30 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance fee to the park
- Breakfast and 1 Buffet lunch.
- First Aid Kit including a small oxygen tank
- Horseback service (available upon request)
- Trekking poles – you can rent these from our agency
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Long -sleeved shirt
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen – factor 35+ recommended, hat and sunglasses
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down at a faster rate at high altitudes
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)