train to Machu Picchu 2D/1N
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 475.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 445.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 415.00 per person
- 5 +people USD$ 360.00 per person
- Student Discount: USD $20.00 (requires ISIC Card)
- Under 18’s Discount: USD $20.00
Optional extras NOT included (need to book in advance):
- Hiking Machu Picchu Mountain: USD $50.00 – the prices are different in different tours. One said $20.
- Hiking Huayna Picchu Mountain: USD $25.00
- Vistadome Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco: US $50.00
Every Day Of The Year
Departure dates: We have potential group trips for the Inka Trail every day of the year, except in February when the trail is closed for maintenance.
Note: You are able to visit Machu Picchu by train in February.
Availability: Only 500 people are allowed on the Inka Trail per day and this includes tourists, guides, porters and chefs. Therefore, to avoid disappointment, you should make your reservation months in advance. Also, please note, all agencies have the same number of spaces, so if one agency is not able to accommodate your dates, none of them will be able to.
Details & Itinerary
Level: easy. People of all ages are welcome.
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and drive out to the train station in Poroy to take the train to Aguas Calientes. Throughout the journey, there will be stunning scenery, picturesque villages and diverse vegetation to behold. Arriving in Aguas Calientes, we will head straight to our hotel to take a little break before having lunch and enjoying the local cuisine. Later on, you can visit the famous hot springs of Aguas Calientes. We will go out for dinner in the evening and get a fairly early night so that we are well rested before visiting Machu Picchu the following day.
Note: we’ll hold a briefing either at your hotel or in our office the day before your tour.
After eating a very early breakfast, we will walk down to the bus station to take the shuttle to the citadel of Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Inkas, which is undoubtedly one of the most amazing urban creations of the Inkan heyday. We will receive a guided tour of Machu Picchu, lasting 2-3 hours and later we’ll climb Huayna Picchu mountain. From the peak of Huayna Picchu, you will fully enjoy the splendor and tranquility of Machu Picchu and the surrounding landscape. Afterwards, you’ll have some free time to explore the citadel at your own pace and then we’ll return to Aguas Calientes (2040m/missing ft) via shuttle bus, to take the Expedition train and bus back to Cusco after lunch.
Upon arriving in Cusco, we will drop you off at your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private transport to Ollantaytambo train station
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Return Expedition train tickets: Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the site
- Round trip shuttle bus ticket: Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Original Passport and migration card
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking)
- Backpack and daypack
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Rain gear: a good raincoat, rain pants and a plastic rain poncho
- T-shirts & comfortable pants
- Warm jacket
- Bathing suit for the hot springs
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical kit and medication
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Small towel
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)