Sacred Valley Tour with Machu Picchu – 2D/1N
Private Service Price
- 2 people USD$ 555.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 505.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 475.00 per person
- 5 +people USD$ 399.00 per person
- Student Discount: USD $20.00 (requires ISIC Card)
- Under 18’s Discount: USD $20.00
Optional extras NOT included (need to book in advance):
- Hiking Machu Picchu Mountain: USD $50.00 – the prices are different in different tours. One said $20.
- Hiking Huayna Picchu Mountain: USD $50.00
- Vistadome Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco: USD $50.00
Every Day Of The Year
Departure dates: We have potential group trips for the Inka Trail every day of the year, except in February when the trail is closed for maintenance.
Note: You are able to visit Machu Picchu by train in February.
Availability: Only 500 people are allowed on the Inka Trail per day and this includes tourists, guides, porters and chefs. Therefore, to avoid disappointment, you should make your reservation months in advance. Also, please note, all agencies have the same number of spaces, so if one agency is not able to accommodate your dates, none of them will be able to.
Details & Itinerary
- Maximum Altitude: 2,700m/ …..ft
- Minimum Altitude: 2,000m/ …….ft
- Distance Travelled: 6-8km/ …… miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 8-9 hours
Level: easy. People of all ages are welcome.
pay deposit now
Day 1: Cusco - Sacred Valley: Pisac, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
Our tour starts around 8.30 a.m. when we will pick you up from your hotel. Please note, we are able to collect you earlier if requested in advance. We’ll take a minivan over the mountains, dropping 1500 feet/need metres to the valley floor, the Urubamba river and the village of Pisac. Here, we will visit a traditional market where you can buy some local souvenirs, and later we’ll drive up to Pisac’s ruin site for you to explore and enjoy the stunning views over the valley. For those who would prefer to spend more time in the market instead of visiting the ruins, just let your guide know so that he/she can organize a time and place to pick you up when the rest of the group returns from the ruin site. From Pisac, we’ll continue on to Urubamba which will be our lunch stop for the day. After lunch, a 30-minute drive takes us to Ollantaytambo, a town surrounded by sacred mountains. This is yet another place to encounter the magnificence of Inkan construction and the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress.
You will then be escorted to the train station to board the valley train to Aguas Calientes, which will take approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. A hotel representative will meet you at the train station in Aguas Calientes and help you settle in to your accommodation. Then there will be time to visit the hot springs today, if you would like to.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu Citadel - Cusco
After eating a very early breakfast at 05:00 a.m. at the hotel, we will board the first bus to Machu Picchu at approximately 05.30 a.m., arriving at the entrance to the citadel at 06.00 a.m., when the gates will open (please have your passport on hand). We will go as early as possible so as to avoid the crowds. We will receive a guided tour of Machu Picchu lasting 2-3 hours which will lead you through all the most important areas: look-out points, temples, housing, best spots, and all archaeological sites with the insights of very capable guides. Afterwards, you’ll have some free time to explore the citadel at your own pace and do any optional hikes e.g. walking up to the Sun Gate, down to the Inka bridge or climbing Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private transport to Ollantaytambo train station
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Train ticket at 4:36 p.m. from Ollantaytambo, arriving in Aguas Calientes at 6:10 p.m.
- Collection and transfer to your hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the site
- Round trip shuttle bus ticket: Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Return train ticket (generally 4:43 p.m.) to Ollantaytambo and private transport to your hotel in Cusco
- Note: train times may vary in high season due to a higher demand.
- Entrance ticket to Sacred Valley archaeological sites: 70 soles
- Lunch on Day 1 in Urubamba: 30 – 45 soles, lunch on Day 2 in Aguas Calientes, drinks at dinner, snacks
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrance to hot springs: 10 soles
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
What you need to bring
- Original Passport and migration card
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking)
- Backpack and daypack
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Rain gear: a good raincoat, rain pants and a plastic rain poncho
- T-shirts & comfortable pants
- Warm jacket
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical kit and medication
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)
- Snacks, packed lunch