Our tour starts with a hotel pick-up between 09:00 – 09:30 a.m.
Located 24km southeast of Cusco, Tipon is said to be a royal garden commissioned by Wiracocha, the first Inkan God. It is one of the most elaborate examples of agricultural terraces created by the Inkas. These tall terraces which run up the narrow valley, are irrigated by an aqueduct from Pachatusan, the mountain above the site. In addition to the terraces, there are other interesting features and structures such as fountains, temples, canals and aqueducts.
Tipon is not visited as much as other sites in the Cusco and the Sacred Valley area, but it is equally as impressive.
Pikillacta is an adobe complex built around 700 to 900 AD by the Huari, and is the only pre-Inka site in the Cusco area. There is also a small Inka site just a short walk from Pikillacta known as Rumicolca, which was a travel checkpoint for the Inkas.
This is where the Sistine Chapel of America stands. It is a church that is home to golden altars, several paintings and multi-colored ceilings. The chapel is simple and unassuming on the outside but on the inside, you’ll find masterpiece after masterpiece.
On the return journey, we could stop in Saylla where you will be able to try some typical food from the area e.g. delicious pork known as chicharron (optional).
We will be back in Cusco around 03:00 p.m.
Level: easy. People of all ages are welcome.
- Daily Departures and hotel pick-up
- For private tours, start times can vary as per the needs of the clients
- Advance bookings are highly recommended
- Duration: 6-7 hours
Places we’ll visit
- Tipon archeological site
- Pikillacta archeological site
- Andahuaylillas the Sistine Chapel of America
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance tickets/pass to the archeological sites (you will buy these tickets with your guide on the day).
- Lunch in Urubamba
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Extra money for lunch, shopping, tips etc
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year. Availability: Make your reservation (reserve at least one day in advance). Take advantage of our group prices and let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture.
- 2 people USD$ 100.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 90.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 80.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 70.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 60.00 per person
Important: We do this tour only as a private service.