Overview Nature lovers will be pleased to know that there is a hidden world stunning in the south of Cusco. This area full…
We will greet you for an early morning pickup from your hotel in Cusco and travel through the province of Acomayo making a number of stops to get up and personal with the lagoons of Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnaqocha, Pampamarca or Tungasuca. These lagoons have many different uses, fishing, totora hut camps and social activities with motor boats and pedal boats. Each lagoon has its unique individually and multiple species of flora and fauna to observe as we visit.
Moving through the lagoons we pass the the Province of Canas and finally reach our main destination the Inca bridge Q’eswachaka 3,700 masl / 12,139 feet) tucked in and connected to the mountain ledges joining together this 33 meter long and 1.20 meter widegrass and rope platform. Each year the model of ancient history is maintained and renovated by hand to it´s original condition with the use of ichu by the inhabitants of the area. Before carrying out the intricacy of the activity a payment ceremony is made to the Pachamama to get help and protection during process.
If your´re feeling brave the hanging Inca bridge awaits your attempt, if you have a really good imagination you can feel what it would have been like walking the path of an Inca, it is a very special experience that cannot be missed since it is one of the bridges that lives its tradition from the time of the Incas til this present time. Such an opportunity for great pictures of the authentic and unique panorama. Time to return to Cusco and leave you at your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (the tour ends in the Main Square or you can be dropped off at your hotel)
- Private transport
- Spanish and English-speaking professional guide
- Entrance fee to the park
- Breakfast and 1 Buffet lunch.
- First Aid Kit including a small oxygen tank
- Trekking poles – you can rent these from our agency
- Travel Insurance – we strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip
- Copy of Passport
- ISIC card (isic.org) if applicable
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear: a good raincoat or a plastic rain poncho
- Long -sleeved shirt
- Thermal gloves, scarf, hat
- Day pack
- Water bottle (recommended 1 liter)
- Sunscreen – factor 35+ recommended, hat and sunglasses
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us)
- Headlamp with spare batteries (very important)
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down at a faster rate at high altitudes
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, tips etc. (soles or dollars)
Every Day Of The Year
We have group trips for ONE DAY TOUR every day of the year. Availability: Make your reservation (reserve at least one day in advance). Take advantage of our group prices and let yourself be enchanted by the magic of the Inca culture.
USD$ 40.00 per person
Private Service Price:
- 2 people USD$ 150.00 per person
- 3 people USD$ 135.00 per person
- 4 people USD$ 120.00 per person
- 5 people USD$ 100.00 per person
- 6 + people USD$ 80.00 per person